Studio Art 360 – Paper Mache – Finish your FORMS in cardboard – PAINTING DEMO TOMORROW!
- 1.1P: Use multiple approaches to begin creative endeavors.
- What more do you need to do wrap up the form (literally) with the paper mache and begin PAINTING? BE AWARE OF THE TIME YOU ARE WORKING AND THE TIME YOU ARE TALKING!
How do you feel the adding of the paper mache and color is going to make the work stronger than it was when it was just cardboard?
AP Studio Art: 1 week Magazine Article Assignment, Plants and Flowers – BEGIN ON THE LARGER WORK – Where are you TODAY?
- Synthesize and relate knowledge and personal experiences to make art
- Knowing that you need to EXPERIMENT with a variety of materials and compositions… what are the variety of materials or experiments that you anticipate or plan on making? How is the COMPOSITION coming along? Open? Closed? Active? Busy? TOO BUSY?
What materials have you used today? How have you decided to arrange your composition? What are the elements you are looking at using / focusing on?
Jim Dine – Plants and Trees: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/- AND THEN: Bring up an image from the Alan Cristea Gallery: http://www.alancristea.com/collection-41-109-Plants-Andamp%3B-Trees
Painting: Collage and Painting! Reflect on the CRIT and get back to painting.
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- What were 3 things that you took away from yesterday’s critique? How will you apply that information as you move forward today? Why are you satisfied or frustrated with your work so far? MORE THAN A ONE WORD ANSWER – REFLECT!
How have you used persistence and grit to continue and work through the issues you are having? Explain in DETAIL!
REMEMBER! Create a ONE PAGE PAPER – DUE TOMORROW! (TYPED! double spaced, 11 or 12 point Times New Roman, Palatino – Serif-ed type font) that discusses the artists and their works. Use ideas about the work as to what drew you to the work, what styles did you like, what techniques do you appreciate? A small history of the artist and personal reflection. How will you use similar ideas in your work as they did in theirs? Here are the artists to research: Winslow Homer, Charles Demuth, Thomas Eakins, Edward Hopper, Dong Kingman, Reginald Marsh, Charles Sheeler, J.M.W. Turner, Thomas Moran, Georgia O’Keefe, James Whistler, or Andrew Wyeth. PAPER IS DUE ON Friday, September 19, 2014.