“Art is the concrete representation of our most subtle feelings.” – Anges Martin, Art In America (p.124, 1996)
Follow along with the http://WHSoc20.WordPress.com 30 Day Blog Challenge – Mr. Korb’s Online discussion group.
- 1st Hour: Tuesday
- 2nd Hour: Friday
- 3rd Hour: Thursday
- 4th Hour: Wednesday
- 6th Hour: Monday
Studio Art 360 – Critique Sketches, Demo Cardboard Constructions, National Visual Arts Standards
- 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- What is the difference between shape and form? Please be descriptive in your definition.
What do you envision as the biggest challenge with your letter? If you see this as the problem… how do you feel you might be able to solve that challenge?
AP Studio Art: 1 week Magazine Article Assignment, 1 week concentration work
- 2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
- Four parts to this week’s project. What are you most comfortable with? Pencil, Charcoal, Pastel, or Paint? Why?
What materials have you used today? How are the projects coming along?
Painting: Collage, Critique, Sketch, Research…
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- What challenges did you have with the watercolors last week when it came to OBSERVATION of the REAL WORLD around you.
What are 5 images you gathered today that say something about you?
Here are the artists to research: Winslow Homer, Charles Demuth, Thomas Eakins, Edward Hopper, Dong Kingman, Reginald Marsh, Charles Sheeler, J.M.W. Turner, Thomas Moran, Georgia O’Keefe, James Whistler, or Andrew Wyeth