“Art is the concrete representation of our most subtle feelings.” – Anges Martin, Art In America (p.124, 1996)
Follow along with the http://WHSoc20.WordPress.com 30 Day Blog Challenge – Mr. Korb’s Online discussion group.
Studio Art 360 – Critique Sketches, Demo Cardboard Constructions, National Visual Arts Standards
- 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- What is the difference in the shape and form? There are a FEW OTHER terms we are going to cover in the book – terms that help up TALK about art. Let’s focus on Shape and Form today.
How much of your letter did you get done? One shape? two shapes? Gluing / Taping sides? What helped you get work done? What got in your way?
AP Studio Art: 1 week Magazine Article Assignment, 1 week concentration work
- 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- What materials are you NOT using yet? Make sure that in the body of work you are making (about 1 object) you try things you are not comfortable with.
What mediums are you afraid of using. If not afraid – haven’t used because you are not used in the past?
Painting: Collage, Critique, Sketch, Research…
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- What did TAPING the paper down to the board help with last week? How will THIS NEW APPROACH to Stretching watercolor paper help?
What did you get done today? Be VERY specific in the tasks you accomplished.Collage? Built?
Create a ONE PAGE PAPER (double spaced, 11 or 12 point Times New Roman, Palatino – Serif-ed type font) that discusses the artists and their works. Use ideas about the work as to what drew you to the work, what styles did you like, what techniques do you appreciate? A small history of the artist and personal reflection. How will you use similar ideas in your work as they did in theirs? Here are the artists to research: Winslow Homer, Charles Demuth, Thomas Eakins, Edward Hopper, Dong Kingman, Reginald Marsh, Charles Sheeler, J.M.W. Turner, Thomas Moran, Georgia O’Keefe, James Whistler, or Andrew Wyeth. PAPER IS DUE ON MONDAY, September 15, 2014.
- 1st Hour: Tuesday
- 2nd Hour: Friday
- 3rd Hour: Thursday
- 4th Hour: Wednesday
- 6th Hour: Monday