“Unless you have a definite, precise, clearly set goals, you are not going to realize the maximum potential that lies within you.” — Zig Ziglar
Welcome back to school! This is going to be a GREAT year and I am VERY excited to be back. I hope that all of you are too. There are a few things that we do in the art classroom that will happen everyday – Goal Setting (based on the National Visual Arts Standards), Work, and Reflection. This will all become second nature as the semester rolls along and I ask you to trust that what we do in class at the beginning and end of the class will help you in the middle portion of class as well as with the final artwork that we create. PLEASE subcribe to this website AND add your name to the TEXTING feature of REMIND – School Texting Services.
TEXTING from Mr. Korb!
2014 – 15 Sign up for the REMOND TEXTING service for each of your classes…
- Studio Art 360 (formerly Art Foundations): Text @14start360 to
- Painting: Text @14painting to (262) 757-7491
- AP Studio Art: Text @14APStudio to
Let’s take a quick walk around the website and see where valuable information, syllabi, assignments, and other information is. Feel free to explore this on your own too.
AP Studio Art: Introductions, Expectations, and Art Making – ON YOUR OWN!
- Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- Q: What is your understanding of AP Art? How do you plan on using your skills to make the best you can? Talk to your classmates about this – write this in your GOALS folder.
Art From OBSERVATION – What interested you about the images you went out to draw? What is the interesting – worthwhile object(s) and how do you relate to it? Wayne Thiebauld: Cakes:
Painting: Introductions, Expectations, and Watercolors
James Turner Bio: http://www.biography.com/people/jmw-turner-40806
- Choose from a range of materials – Watercolors – and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- Q: What made it challenging to put that first mark on your paper? Unless you had no problems – then what was it that gives you confidence in painting?
What three things did you succeed with today in your painting?
Studio Art 360: Introductions, Expectations, and Artmaking
BIO of Robert Indiana: http://robertindiana.com/biography/
- 2.1P: Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- Q: What was the biggest challenge or success you came across as you developed your ideas yesterday?
What are 2 skills you have already that are going to make your experiences in Studio Art 360 easier or more successful?