“Unless you have a definite, precise, clearly set goals, you are not going to realize the maximum potential that lies within you.” — Zig Ziglar
Welcome back to school! This is going to be a GREAT year and I am VERY excited to be back. I hope that all of you are too. There are a few things that we do in the art classroom that will happen everyday – Goal Setting (based on the National Visual Arts Standards), Work, and Reflection. This will all become second nature as the semester rolls along and I ask you to trust that what we do in class at the beginning and end of the class will help you in the middle portion of class as well as with the final artwork that we create. PLEASE subcribe to this website AND add your name to the TEXTING feature of REMIND – School Texting Services.
TEXTING with REMIND from Mr. Korb!
2014 – 15 Sign up for the REMOND TEXTING service for each of your classes…
- Studio Art 360 (formerly Art Foundations): Text @14start360 to
- Painting: Text @14painting to (262) 757-7491
- AP Studio Art: Text @14APStudio to
Studio Art 360: Introductions, Syllabus, Sketchbooks, and Artmaking
BIO of Robert Indiana: http://robertindiana.com/biography/
- 2.1P: Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- Q: What materials did you use yesterday that you have used in the past? What materials can you TRY to use today that you have NOT USED in the past.
What is ONE question that you still have about the course, department, or me?
AP Studio Art: Introductions, Expectations, and Art Making – ON YOUR OWN!
- Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- Q: Previous repetition of single object in drawings? What are topics / images that you frequently go to in your collection of imagery?
What new materials are you exploring? What techniques are you attempting that are new to you?
Painting: Introductions, Expectations, and Watercolors
James Turner Bio: http://www.biography.com/people/jmw-turner-40806
- Choose from a range of materials – Watercolors – and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- Q: Are there aspects of painting that you are hoping to develop? What do you really hope to learn / experience in the making of the watercolors?
What two things did you struggle with today in your painting (or paintings)? AT THIS MOMENT?