“Unless you have a definite, precise, clearly set goals, you are not going to realize the maximum potential that lies within you.” — Zig Ziglar
Welcome back to school! This is going to be a GREAT year and I am VERY excited to be back. I hope that all of you are too. There are a few things that we do in the art classroom that will happen everyday – Goal Setting (based on the National Visual Arts Standards), Work, and Reflection. This will all become second nature as the semester rolls along and I ask you to trust that what we do in class at the beginning and end of the class will help you in the middle portion of class as well as with the final artwork that we create. Enough said! Let’s get to it!
TEXTING from Mr. Korb!
2014 – 15 Sign up for the REMOND TEXTING service for each of your classes…
- Studio Art 360 (formerly Art Foundations): Text @14start360 to
- Painting: Text @14painting to (262) 757-7491
- AP Studio Art: Text @14APStudio to
AP Studio Art: Introductions, Expectations, and Art Making – ON YOUR OWN!
- Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- Q: What is your understanding of AP Art? How do you plan on using your skills to make the best you can? Talk to your classmates about this – write this in your GOALS folder.
Art From OBSERVATION – What interested you about the images you went out to draw? What is the interesting – worthwhile object(s) and how do you relate to it? Wayne Thiebauld: Cakes:
Painting: Introductions, Expectations, and Watercolors
James Turner Bio: http://www.biography.com/people/jmw-turner-40806
- Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- Q: What techniques do you remember from your earlier classes about WATERCOLOR PAINTS?
What difficulties do you see with your painting (composition, techniques, approach, attitude) AT THIS MOMENT?
Studio Art 360: Introductions, Expectations, and Artmaking
BIO of Robert Indiana: http://robertindiana.com/biography/
- 2.1P: Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- Q: How do you draw something in 3 dimensions? What are different techniques you know? Sit with your neighbor and BEGIN with a box, a cylinder, a pyramid, and the first letter of your first or last name.
What are 3 things you hope to take away from this semester in this room, this class?