“Nothing in life that’s worth anything is easy.”
President Barack Obama quotes Army Ranger Sgt. First Class Cory Remsburg in his State of the Union address, January 28, 2014. The quote is in honor of Remsburg as he continues to fight to recover after a roadside bomb nearly killed him in Afghanistan.
Art Foundations: Draw the lines – PAINT! NON-Objective – Process
- 1.1 apply media, techniques, and processes with 1.1.3 an awareness so that your ideas are executed well
- 1.4 create, define, and solve visual challenges using 1.4.1 analysis (LINE)
What were the challenges you had with the line drawing What was fun about the process? What kinds of lines were you “Drawn” to?
Drawing: Still Life Thumbnails, Composition Success, Value Scale.
- (3.2) Apply ideas (thumbnails) in art and use skill to solve Compositional challenges.
- (1.2) Create art that demonstrates relationship between Chiaroscuro and pencil.
What have you learned today about how to push / pull space with value? What have you accomplished with pencil? What is SUCCESSFUL?
AP Studio Art: Critique at the MID Point in your work! Sketches from Friday too…
- (2.1) GROUP critique about artworks that accomplish personal meanings (What are you TALKING about in your work?).
- (3.3) Describe the creation of images and ideas and explain why they are of value.
What were the biggest impressions you had from the classmate’s works? What were the most difficult things you felt as you presented your work? Conversation between classmates about the 2 questions for your exam. How does this work relate to your concentration?