“We’ve gotten to the point where we think the camera can capture anything at all.” “Well, it can’t really. The camera can’t compete with painting at all. The paintings are much more vivid about the place than photographs are.” – David Hockney, “Modern Painters, “
David Hockney, on his latest inspiration – Yorkshire, Into the Woods,” by: Marina Cashdan, April 2010, p. 66.
Art Foundations – Draw in Continuous Line, Painting Patterns with Watercolor, Assemble Final Artworks
- (5.3) Describe meaning of artwork by analyzing use of contour line and pattern.
- (3.2) apply ideas in art to solve visual challenges.
What types of lines are you in favor of using? Where do you find it easiest to use the idea of contour line to represent the face / form? What sorts of pattern do you think you would like to recreate with the use of WATERCOLOR to represent YOU? Share with your classmates.
Advanced Drawing: Final day to work on PAPER BAG MANNEQUIN drawing – Take it home to finish if you need to.
- 1.4 RESOLVE and DEFEND the visual challenges you set up using 1.4.2. synthesis (assembling the various parts that build up the up the artwork / subject matter from its basic elements).
What was your plan for the paper bag / mannequin drawing that you began two weeks ago? Did you meet of exceed that goal? Did you fall short? What did you learn and what can you take away and use in the next work?
AP Studio Art: CRITIQUE – What do you need to say about your work? What can you say? What were you TRYING to say? Do you want some help? Check HERE.
- (3.3) describe the creation of images and ideas and explain why they are of value Orally participate in the discussion of your classmates drawing.
- (4.3) compare relationships in visual art in terms of (4.3.2) aesthetics
What did you take away from the critique today? Write down what you have taken from the crit.
PEP ASSEMBLY SCHEDULE
|C Lunch||11:45AM -12:15PM|
|7th hour||12:20PM -12:55PM|
|8th hour||1:00PM -1:30PM|