“What difference does it make whether you’re looking at a photograph or looking at a still life in front of you? You still have to look.”
– Chuck Close!
Regardless of WHAT you are drawing or what you are looking at… make sure that you keep looking!
Advanced Drawing: Let’s continue working on the drawings. Give yourself a bit of time to THINK about what you are doing.
How are you combining the visuals that you have chosen into one strong and moving artwork?
- 2.4 compare different points of view regarding composition and meaning in artwork
- 2.5 defend personal evaluations
What has been your most successful are of this drawing today?
Art Foundations: Pattern – Chapter 8. Let’s draw out some variations and versions of patterns that we see.
- (5.3) Describe meaning of artwork by analyzing technique and use of line AND pattern.
- (3.2) apply patterns and line to solve visual challenges.
What kinds of Pattern are you drawn to? What is your favorite type of pattern?
AP Studio Art: Plant Drawings – How are things going? Jim Dine – Self-Portrait on the Wall – Video!
- 1.1 apply media, techniques, and processes with (1.1.3) an awareness so that your ideas are executed well.
- (2.3) create artworks that solve visual challenges and (2.2) evaluate the effectiveness of artworks.
What materials have you used today? How are you using COLOR or VALUE or WHAT ELSE to tie it all together?