“Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here. Make. Good. Art.”
~ Neil Gaiman
Art Foundations: Work on your cityscapes. What do you need to do to make it even more AWESOME? You are working with VALUE and COLOR! Make sure that you are NOT SHARING the colored pencils that are out on the BLACK BOX. DO NOT SHARE!
- 2.1 Form criticism about 2 point perspective drawings that work to accomplish personal meanings.
- 5.3 Describe meanings of artworks by analyzing 5.3.1 techniques of linear perspective.
Cityscape Instructions HERE.
10 minutes before the end of class – Self – evaluation of the writing for the day, in the JOURNAL SECTION of the week today. What did you find NEW in your work that you forgot you did well or struggled with? How are you working with the new ideas of color in your drawing? What is a specific place in your drawing that you are REALLY pleased with? Give a SPECIFIC AREA! We will be sharing your ideas QUICKLY on Friday!
Drawing: Today you are going to be working on the MOUTH (that is also on the CHALKBOARD). What can you do to make your drawing even more successful? Look at the shapes – REALLY carefully! Check out these Eyelashes!
- 3.3 describe the creation of mouths, the ideas behind drawing them, and explain why the skill is of value
- 1.4 create, define, and solve visual challenges of the mouth using 1.4.1 analysis (breaking up the artwork / subject matter to basic elements)
What was the most difficult part of your drawing today? What have you SEEN as being different that you though it would have been? What is NEW in the MOUTH, DIFFERENT, UNIQUE, UNUSUAL… WHY?
AP Studio Art: Great critiques yesterday – grades will be in the book shortly…
- 5.2 Stand behind your evaluation of art as you answer the 2 questions from the AP Poster.
- 4.5 Look at the qualities of art from various times to judge works of art and explain the GROWTH of your work
In addition to having written and reflected on your work, you are going to be needing to continue to PRESENT and EDIT your works. TODAY should have been a PERFECT opportunity to do just that. What was your biggest accomplishment today in the tasks you chose to work on today? Please share your ideas and thoughts with a classmate.