“Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here. Make. Good. Art.”
~ Neil Gaiman
Art Foundations: Final day to wrap up the cityscape drawings. Use your time wisely!
- 2.1 Form criticism about 2 point perspective drawings that work to accomplish personal meanings.
- 5.3 Describe meanings of artworks by analyzing 5.3.1 techniques of linear perspective.
Cityscape Instructions HERE.
- 3.3 describe the creation of ears, the ideas behind drawing them, and explain why the skill of observation is of value
- 1.4 create, define, and solve visual challenges of the ears (from various angles) using 1.4.1 analysis (breaking up the artwork / subject matter to basic elements)
What was the most difficult part of your drawing today? What have you SEEN as being different that you though it would have been? What is different in drawing the ear than you found in drawing the MOUTH and EYES? What was it that made it so different?
AP Studio Art: Today we are in the computer lab working on uploading and getting our accounts all set and ready to ROCK and ROLL!
- Communication and Collaboration – Students use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively, including at a distance, to support individual learning and to the learning of others.
What else have you got to do with the body of work you have produced? How many works have you in each of the 3 categories? What do you need to continue working on? MONDAY… prepare yourself for a work that will test your CHARACTER!
Study Hall: What is it to have a strong sense of Honor?
- Know about the core concepts of HONOR.
- Identify an individual in your life and explain why you feel they are HONORABLE.
On your goals sheet, write out your definition of HONOR. What components do you feel best define someone of high character?