“Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here. Make. Good. Art.” ~ Neil Gaiman
Art Foundations: FINAL DAY to work on your cityscapes. What do you need to do to make it more AWESOME? Do it today!
- 2.1 Form criticism about 2 point perspective drawings that work to accomplish personal meanings.
- 5.3 Describe meanings of artworks by analyzing 5.3.1 techniques of linear perspective.
10 minutes before the end of class – Self – evaluation of the writing for the day – What did you find NEW in your work that you forgot you did well or struggled with? PREZI Self – Evaluation
Drawing: How’d your eyes turn out yesterday? How about drawing a set of lips? A Mouth? Let’s give it a shot.
- 3.3 describe the creation of facial features and ideas behind them and explain why they are of value
- 1.4 create, define, and solve visual challenges of facial features using 1.4.1 analysis (breaking up the artwork / subject matter to basic elements)
What successes did YOU have in the drawings of the EYES and MOUTH? What is one area that you really felt were unsuccessful when it came to the areas you struggled? Be explicit and specific – PLEASE!
AP Studio Art: Critique
- 3.3 describe the creation of your concentration and ideas and explain why they are of value.
- 4.5 look at the qualities of art from the rest of your classmates / cultures to judge works of art – What is similar in the qualities and successes?
What did you go through mentally in building your concentration? What is the earliest memory of the decision? What were the stumbling blocks that you REMEMBER as being in front of you? Where were the support systems that helped you out of the pits of self-doubt etc…?
Study Hall: What was the ONE thing you learned or struggled with or wrote down at the end of yesterday’s class? What is your response to it today?
- Work to accomplish the current homework or missing work you have in your classes.
- Understand that the responsibility lies with you – but that you have a lot of people willing and working to help you.
How much time are you putting into your schoolwork OUTSIDE of school? What is the biggest challenge for you at home? What are you doing to hold yourself accountable for the work you need to accomplish?