“Nobody tells this to people who are beginners, I wish someone told me. All of us who do creative work, we get into it because we have good taste. But there is this gap. For the first couple years you make stuff, it’s just not that good…” Ira Glass
Drawing: Mid Critique
3.1Ac: Engage in constructive critique with peers, then reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art and design in response to personal artistic vision.
What are 3 things you would like to hear about your work that you feel would help you with your drawing(s).
Get your handbooks and turn to p23. As the artist:
- Speak about your objects and why you chose them.
- Speak about 2 challenges you are having currently and WHY you are struggling.
- Speak about 2 successes that are new to you in this drawing series.
Listen to each person and write down, in full sentences, the comments they make about your work. As a critic:
- Speak about the areas of their work that are successful and WHY you see it as a success.
- Speak about the an area of their work that you see is in need of attention and HOW they might be able to overcome the issue or WHY you feel there is a struggle in the work.
Crit. G: What are 3 things that you took away from the critique today? Write it out as to help yourself move forward.
Studio Art 360:
3.1P: Apply relevant criteria from traditional and contemporary cultural contexts to examine, reflect on, and plan revisions for works of art and design in progress.
What are the biggest challenges that you see facing you today in the process of enlarging the photographs? Are you about ready to begin the painting process?
What challenges did you face today in the gridding out of the portrait? Are you ready to begin the painting part of the process?
AP Studio Art: Monday – CRITIQUE / Helen Frankenthaller / Photography this coming week.
2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
Thinking about the work that you are doing… what are the visual skills that you feels you are developing? how has this year been beneficial to you so far?
What is the ONE SKILL that you feel would be worth your time to continue to FOCUS and CONCENTRATE on? CRITIQUE on MONDAY! Richard Estes Working: