“The Earth without ART is just… eh.”
WHOSE IN? Drawing, AP Studio Art, Independent Art Students, Advanced Drawing – ART INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO FIELD TRIP!
- OTHER: Cap of 35 Students – 7 SPOTS LEFT!
- Where: Art Institute of Chicago
- When: May 4, 2016
- Why: ART – Van Gogh Bedrooms Exhibit – and Chicago!
- Time: Leave at 7:30AM – Return around 5PM
- Cost: $16.00 + Lunch Money and Spending Money (Entrance to Show, Cost of Bus)
NEW PAGE on KORB’s Website: Facial Features!
- Communication and Collaboration – Students use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively, including at a distance, to support individual learning and to the learning of others.
- What is successful in your artwork? What is the color scheme you are using? Share this with your neighbor.
- NEXT WEEK we are going to 1) make photographs of the work we have RIGHT NOW and 2) go to the COMPUTER LAB (Laptops). Fill out the Google Form http://goo.gl/forms/3q3rPakz8m and then 3) insert images from today into the GOOGLE DOCUMENT.
Reflection: How will the focus of the written critique and the use of the GOOGLE FORM help you in the critiquing of your works oraly?
Studio Art 360: COLOR and YOU!
- 3.1P: Apply relevant criteria from traditional and contemporary cultural contexts to examine, reflect on, and plan revisions for works of art and design in progress.
- What do you mix to get a TINT? What do you mix to get a SHADE? What do you mix to get a TONE?
Reflection: Review with neighbors the relationships of the colors on the color wheel? When you look in your closet… what COLORS do you think you have the most of hanging? Why do you think that you have more of that color than others? Assignment – FOR MONDAY – REPEAT THE ASSIGNMENT from above – HAVE TO HAVE IT on Monday!
ASSIGNMENT FOR MONDAY – Bring in a FEW FULL FACE SELFIES – Black and White or Color – OR EMAIL them to me… This is the UPCOMING ASSIGNMENT Requirement…
HERE’s where were headed with this! Andy Warhol at MoMA.
AP Studio Art: Portrait of One Another
- 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- How does your image BEST DESCRIBE your model – EXPLAIN!
Reflection: What NEW information did you learn about yourself with this artwork? Whgat do you need to complete this weekend?
Advanced Drawing: Jim Dine
Skeleton Shared Album HERE
- 2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
- RESOLUTION of the figure drawing is today. What are three strengths that are happening in your drawing? How are you going to build on those strengths and develop the final drawing?
Reflection: Step back – how did it turn out? Give a thought here – think about your work and step back with pride in the process.