“The Earth without ART is just… eh.”
WHOSE IN? Drawing, AP Studio Art, Independent Art Students, Advanced Drawing – ART INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO FIELD TRIP!
- OTHER: Cap of 35 Students – 7 SPOTS LEFT!
- Where: Art Institute of Chicago
- When: May 4, 2016
- Why: ART – Van Gogh Bedrooms Exhibit – and Chicago!
- Time: Leave at 7:30AM – Return around 5PM
- Cost: $16.00 + Lunch Money and Spending Money (Entrance to Show, Cost of Bus)
NEW PAGE on KORB’s Website: Facial Features!
- 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- How does this painting by Matisse look different than the previous work we saw? What are aspects of the FAUVISTS that you are REALLY getting your brain around in this drawing?
Reflection: What was the most challenging aspect of this drawing for you to draw?Why was this most difficult way to go? What is most important about drawing when it comes to observation?
Studio Art 360: COLOR and YOU!
- 3.1P: Apply relevant criteria from traditional and contemporary cultural contexts to examine, reflect on, and plan revisions for works of art and design in progress.
- Why (again) is it important for an artist to choose colors CAREFULLY as they are developing a composition / artwork? What might the RIGHT colors do in an image versus the “wrong” colors?
- Assignment – FOR FRIDAY REPEAT THE ASSIGNMENT from above. MAGAZINE on SELFIES – Scholastic Art Magazine – May 2016
Reflection: Review with neighbors the relationships of the colors on the color wheel? When you look in your closet… what COLORS do you think you have the most of hanging? Why do you think that you have more of that color than others?
ASSIGNMENT FOR MONDAY – Bring in a FEW FULL FACE SELFIES – Black and White or Color – OR EMAIL them to me… This is the UPCOMING ASSIGNMENT Requirement…
HERE’s where were headed with this! Andy Warhol at MoMA.
AP Studio Art: Portrait of One Another
- 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- TOMORROW is the LAST DAY TO DRAW / CREATE / RESOLVE your portrait… what are THREE THINGS you need to FINISH and FIX and RESOLVE? Look at it with that CRITICAL EYE.
Reflection: YEP – REFLECT AGAIN… Step back – SHUSH – 3 minutes left of class – What did you accomplish today? Do you need to take this home to resolve for MONDAY’s CRIT? Take your rubric and BEGIN to fill it out!
Advanced Drawing: Jim Dine
Skeleton Shared Album HERE
- 2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
- How did spending a FULL period on the work and NOT having to erase it help you move the process forward? Are you still afraid of erasing a drawing as you progress through it? Jim Dine Drawing of Chuck Close
Reflection: What are you struggling with in the drawing today? What HELD YOU BACK?