“Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing.” — John Andrew Holmes
Painting and Advanced Painting: PAINTS are On Their Way!
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- What challenges do you see in the use of OIL paint versus Acrylic paint? What advantages do you see in the use of oil over acrylic?
Reflection / Evaluation: What ideas do you see coming out from others works as you took the 4 minutes to walk around today and see what others are doing? How can you see working with OTHERS in a COMMUNITY as being beneficial to the development of your art?
Studio Art 360: Color Schemes – WORK TIME – YEAH!
- 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- What are the TWO COLOR SCHEMES in the Monopoly Advertisement from above? How did the advertising company separate the relationships?
Reflection / Evaluation: Review with neighbors the relationships of the colors on the color wheel? QUIZ one another on the names, types and relationships of the colors.
AP Studio Art: MOVING ON – Concentration!
- 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- What does having the FREEDOM and RESPONSIBILITY of AP (refer to the NVAS ABOVE) mean to you? What will you have to do this week to OWN that standard?
Reflection / Evaluation: What similarities are you seeing in YOUR work? How does it tie the CONCENTRATION together? How are you going to maintain INTEREST in these first 3 works – we will talk about the remaining 6 works later…
Drawing: RAISE THE ROOF, it’s Hip-Hop time.
- 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- What positive qualities are coming through with your drawing as you are working on the techniques in soft pastels drawings? NO FINGER BLENDING!?
Reflection / Evaluation: What is the ONE STRUGGLE that you could sit back on and write about if you were asked to do so today? Explain in more than just one word.