#WiArtChat is on TWITTER NEEDS your INPUT! Please visit goo.gl/UvXgQM
“Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here. Make. Good. Art.” ~ Neil Gaiman
Painting and Advanced Painting: CANVAS Building
- 3.1P: Apply relevant criteria from traditional and contemporary cultural contexts to examine, reflect on, and plan revisions for works of art and design in progress.
- Who have you begun to think about for the idea of the portrait? Self Portrait? Friend? Family? Take a minute – write it down and the big WHY! Tell your neighbor your plan.
Reflection / Evaluation: What is the ONE challenge you will have in the process of building a canvas? What are TWO aspects of your portrait that are going to make this a STRONG and engaging painting for you?
Studio Art 360: POETRY!
- NETS Students use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively, including at a distance, to support individual learning and to the learning of others.
- When you WROTE your poetry – what imagery in your artwork really began to stand out? How might this help you develop your bas relief sculpture?
Reflection / Evaluation: What challenges did you have in the process of writing poetry for your artwork?
AP Studio Art: Concentration!
Have you looked at the AP Studio Art Portfolio for Inspiration? Here are the AP Studio Art Portfolio Example Pages.
- 2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
- What are you thinking about carrying forward as you WRAP UP the FIRST three works (by Wednesday) and move into the NEXT three images? Write your ideas out in your sketchbook as you work.
Reflection / Evaluation: What are two things that you would judge as successful as you look at the 3 works together? Consider these FIRST three works as beginnings.
Drawing: Google Slideshow
- 6.1Ac: Make, explain, and justify connections between artists or artwork and social, cultural, and political history.
- When you think of what is popular in today’s art world – what kinds of imagery comes to mind? What kind of art do you like? Images, artists, colors? Graffiti and Fauvism – BOTH – worked to advance art beyond the current art of their time.
- Self-Portraits – Then and Now
Reflection / Evaluation: What are 2 things you enjoy or are challenged by throught the ideas and imagery of graffiti? BEGIN WORKING ON PRACTICE DRAWINGS of a person’s ENTIRE FACE – Front on or 1/4 turn at the most! PRACTICE is all it is – DUE Thursday – Famous person – BIG.