1 Billion Dollars in 1 week… Go Christies. http://nyti.ms/1Hi1PAf
“Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing.” — John Andrew Holmes
SUMMER COURSES: Painting (Korb) Printing (Robert’s / Dukowitz) registration ends THIS FRIDAY!
AP Studio Art and Advanced Drawing: RELAX and WE ARE DRAWING TODAY – No Erasing!
Larger Drawing Goals:
- Observation (80% – 92% time looking), Guidelines, Concentration, Slow Drawing
- Focus on the figure, Proportions, Scale, Sighting In
- Full Page, Composition
- 2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
- RESOLUTION of the figure drawing is MONDAY. What are three strengths that are happening in your drawing? How are you going to build on those strengths and develop the final drawing?
Step back – how did it turn out? Give a thought here – think about your work and step back with pride in the process.
Drawing: Get Work Out, Sit Down, and Log in
- Form http://goo.gl/forms/3q3rPakz8m
- Critiquing HELPER sheet HERE
- Fauvism Finished Photographs HERE
- 6.1Ac: Make, explain, and justify connections between artists or artwork and social, cultural, and political history.
- What is your reaction to the process of the writing of a critique? How do you feel it has helped or caused you grief?
What did you LEARN from the process of the critique over the past few days?
Studio Art 360: Let’s look at COMPOSITIONS and Photographs
POP Art Paintings! Nicely Done! – HERE
Compositional Examples in Photography
Photography Lesson Instructions: HERE
Photography RUBRIC HERE
- NETS: Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision Making – Students use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems, and make informed decisions using appropriate digital tools and resources.
- What have you found DIFFICULT about using WUHS as the setting for your Photographs? Know that it is all about the FRAMING of the Photograph. It doesn’t matter the subject – it is the composition…
What is the STRONGEST of your photographs and WHY? Please explain your comments in ONE SOLID 11 word sentence!