1 Billion Dollars in 1 week… Go Christies. http://nyti.ms/1Hi1PAf
“Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing.” — John Andrew Holmes
SUMMER COURSES: Painting (Korb) Printing (Robert’s / Dukowitz) registration ends THIS FRIDAY!
AP Studio Art and Advanced Drawing: RELAX and WE ARE DRAWING TODAY – No Erasing!
- 2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
Larger Drawing Goals:
- Observation (80% – 92% time looking), Guidelines, Concentration, Slow Drawing
- Focus on the figure, Proportions, Scale, Sighting In
- Full Page, Composition
- AP and AdDraw: How did looking at the video yesterday give you a new insight / appreciation for the process of drawing?Today – a FULL period on the work and NOT having to erase it may help you move the process forward. Are you still afraid of erasing as you progress through your drawing?
AP and AdDraw: What are you struggling with in the drawing today? What HELD YOU BACK?
Drawing: Get Work Out, Sit Down, and Log in
- Form http://goo.gl/forms/3q3rPakz8m
- Critiquing HELPER sheet HERE
- 6.1Ac: Make, explain, and justify connections between artists or artwork and social, cultural, and political history.
- Finished Fauvist Drawings HERE
What did you take away from completing a WRITTEN CRITIQUE? Tomorrow – the ORAL CRITIQUES BEGIN!
Studio Art 360: Let’s look at COMPOSITIONS and Photographs
POP Art Paintings! Nicely Done! – HERE
Compositional Examples in Photography
Photography Lesson Instructions: HERE
Photography RUBRIC HERE
- 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- What stories could you tell using a camera that documents your present-day life? What could you do to make an everyday “boring” part of the day interesting and inviting? Let’s use today in the hallway to “Document” some of what you might do in the hallway.
What did you do with the camera to make the BORING interesting? Remember – it is not the subject that makes an interesting image, it is the composition. July 4th Camper, Yosemite Valley copyright Ted Orland.