Happy Youth Art Month – Happy Birthday to Giovanni Battista Tiepolo Rococo Artist 1696 – 1770
“There is an immeasurable distance between late and too late.” —Og Mandino
AP Studio Art: Did you Turn Your Application In?
- Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision Making (Students use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems, and make informed decisions using appropriate digital tools and resources.)
- What images have you made photographs of so far? What images have you yet to make photographs of? Why is this taking you so long?
What was the problem that you had today with the editing of the images? Can you do this on your own? Do we need one more day in the lab to work?
Advanced Drawing: Stairway Drawing.
Your Paper Bag Drawings are HERE. Copy YOUR image into YOUR document! Questions – ask me on Wednesday.
DO NOT GO UPSTAIRS TODAY! ACT Testing… Thanks.
- 2.3Ad: Demonstrate in works of art or design how visual and material culture defines, shapes, enhances, inhibits, and/or empowers people’s lives.
- What did you accomplish two days ago to develop some ideas in the hallway.
What was the success in today’s drawing? What was the challenge? Back out tomorrow for ROUGH drawings POLISH the Thumbnails.
Drawing: Oil Pastels!
- 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- Looking at your classmates work – what’s the BEST Thing you see? Write it out – name and all – then at SOME POINT TODAY – go and tell them.
How does your art compare with the work of “professionals” and how can you work to create a better understanding of your approach / intent / ideas?)
By The Way… Share your STILL LIFE DRAWINGS by visiting them HERE.
Kandinsky at MAM – HERE
Studio Art 360: Romare Bearden and Social Commentary
- 1.1P: Use multiple approaches to begin creative endeavors.
- How do you feel about the subject matter you are going to be working on? Do you have any personal experiences with the topic? Explain your thoughts (remember – this is JUST YOU reading this).
What images have you begun to gather that will help in your collage? What TEXTURES are you developing in the work? How have you used the ideas of GRATTAGE, FROTTAGE, and DECALCOMANIA in the progress?