Happy Youth Art Month and HAPPY 103rd BIRTHDAY to Italian Abstract Painter Afro Basaldella 1912 – 1976
“There is an immeasurable distance between late and too late.” —Og Mandino
AP Studio Art: REGISTRATION in due TODAY!!!
- 3.5 evaluate and defend how 3.5.1 subject matter 3.5.2 symbols are used in art 2.6 create multiple solutions to visual challenges that show understanding in relationships between composition and meaning of artwork
- What is the common thread that is chasing through all of your work.
Thinking about the critiques from earlier this week, what are you in need of doing to make these end of the concentration works the best? We still have TONS of time to POLISH our concentrations… what else do you do?
Advanced Drawing: Stairway Drawing.
Your Paper Bag Drawings are HERE. Copy YOUR image into YOUR document! Questions – ask me on Wednesday.
DO NOT GO UPSTAIRS TODAY! ACT Testing… Thanks.
- 2.3Ad: Demonstrate in works of art or design how visual and material culture defines, shapes, enhances, inhibits, and/or empowers people’s lives.
- From the days of critiquing, write out 3 things you have learned about yourself and the art you are making.
Looking back on the critiques, what are three things you have learned about the process of the drawings from OTHERS.
Drawing: Oil Pastels!
- 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- What techniquess are working for you in this work? How will you talk abotj the the struggles and successes you are having?
What did you LEARN about your work or that of your classmates from today’s critique?
By The Way… Share your STILL LIFE DRAWINGS by visiting them HERE.
Kandinsky at MAM – HERE
Studio Art 360: Romare Bearden and Social Commentary
- 1.1P: Use multiple approaches to begin creative endeavors.
- What is the SOCIAL TOPIC that you and your partner came up with yesterday? Work through the sheet to help your ideas get developed.
What imagery did you come up with that truly begins to develop the idea of the social commentary you have chosen? How does it successfully work?