HAPPY BIRTHDAY: Arnold Newman
“There is an immeasurable distance between late and too late.” —Og Mandino
AP Studio Art: CRIT!
- 3.1Ad: Reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art or design considering relevant traditional and contemporary criteria as well as personal artistic vision.
- How does your work for this week Re-Engage the ideas you have been using in the past while ALSO provide ideas of REVISION?
I try to get you to talk to one another and reflect. Look at each other’s work today and do that. Explain, listen, WRITE DOWN THOUGHTS for your own reflections.
Advanced Drawing: Critiquing of a PAPER BAG.
Your Paper Bag Drawings are HERE. Copy YOUR image into YOUR document! Questions – ask me on Wednesday.
- 2.3Ad: Demonstrate in works of art or design how visual and material culture defines, shapes, enhances, inhibits, and/or empowers people’s lives.
- Looking at the SYMBOLISM that this work is SUPPOSE to have about your life, explain the thoughts and ideas you are hoping to communicate through the work. HOW are you doing that? Be SPECIFIC!
A GREAT day of drawing on Friday – Time got away from us… What worked today and HOW are you going to RESOLVE the work for Wednesday’s CRIT?
RUBRIC LINK, but it should ALREADY be in your Google Drive. SHARE it with me...
Drawing: Oil Pastels!
- 6.1Ac: Make, explain, and justify connections between artists or artwork and social, cultural, and political history.
- What songs are you using to create your artwork and what is ONE things that STANDS OUT as OBVIOUS to connect the two works of art?
SHARE YOUR THEORY AND DRAWING WITH YOUR CLASSMATE – Last 5 Minutes – CONVERSATION and write down what you have learned from your classmate.
By The Way… Share your STILL LIFE DRAWINGS by visiting them HERE.
Kandinsky at MAM – HERE
Studio Art 360: Collage and Symbolism
- 2.1P: Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- What TEXTURES do you like best from yesterday? Why? N: Max Ernst – Share one or more of his works – LANDSCAPES?
Write a ONE SENTENCE EXPLANATION about your work. Describe how you used Frottage, Grattage, and Decalcomania in the work.