10 Things Creative People Do By: Randy Taran
4. Let Your Senses Come Alive: Notice not only how things look, but how they feel in your hand, how they smell, the sounds surrounding you, even the nuances of taste. Don’t forget to listen to your gut — that’s an important sense too!
AP Studio Art: Concentration!
- 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- How do you see the growth of your work? What are two things that you see as STRONG developments as you have moved forward?
End of the day – one more day in class. How many more pieces do you need to get through for this batch of 3 concentration works?
Advanced Drawing: Composition and Meaning of a PAPER BAG.
- 1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- Looking back on the past few days of work, what are you pleased with in the creation of the work? What are area that you are still being challenged with? STEP BACK – Comment in the continued progress of 3 works – (S.S. – BE AWARE OF YOUR COMMENTS!)
What did you take from the critique of your work? What did you add to the critique of your classmates work? What did you take away from the work of your classmates? http://www.atlanticpapers.com/promo/graphics/CPSApaperBag.jpg
Drawing: Color, Shape, Meaning, and MUSIC!
By The Way… Share your STILL LIFE DRAWINGS by visiting them HERE.
Kandinsky at MAM – HERE
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- What do you know about PASTELS? Oil versus Soft? Cray-Pas?
What did you find interesting about YOUR images and what did you find interesting about your neighbors? CREATE an 8 Step page (like Watercolors from Foundations) to work through the different techniques.
Studio Art 360: Drawing of the Still Life
- 1.1P: Use multiple approaches to begin creative endeavors.
- Take a LONG HARD LOOK at your composition. What is happening with the FIGURE? The GROUND? The POSITIVE SPACE? The NEGATIVE SPACE?
How have you worked today on the ideas of the positive and negative space? What are you doing to RESOLVE the image for tomorrow?
COMPOSITIONS? Looking for a refresher? Let’s Look HERE!