What is Art? Agnes Martin “Art is the concrete representation of our most subtle feelings.” Art In America (p.124, 1996)
AP Studio Art: Concentration!
- 3.5 evaluate and defend how 3.5.1 subject matter 3.5.2 symbols are used in art 4.4 evaluate and interpret your art in your time for relationships in 4.4.1 form 4.4.2 context (what might this mean as we look at ALL of the class work?)
- How does your concentration stand up together as being important?
Looking back at the first half of the week, what major accomplishments have you made that helps you stand out from the rest of the class?
Advanced Drawing:Discussion of Composition and Meaning.
- 1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- Looking back on the past few days of work, what are you pleased with in the creation of the work? What are area that you are still being challenged with? N: Mid Critique in the Drawing Process.
What did you take from the critique of your work? What did you add to the critique of your classmates work? What did you take away from the work of your classmates?
Drawing: Color and Shape and MEANING!
By The Way… Share your STILL LIFE DRAWINGS by visiting them HERE.
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- How are you using geometric shapes in your life? How do you relate meaning to them? What are some shapes that are dominant in your life?
What NEW ideas might you have had about COLOR and SHAPE in the art you were creating?
Studio Art 360: Develop Compositions for Final Drawing.
- 4.1P: Analyze, select, and curate artifacts and/or artworks for presentation and preservation.
- How do you feel about the ideas you are creating RIGHT NOW? Name 2 things you are a bit uncertain about as it comes to your THUMBNAIL drawings turning into your final drawings.
What are the three best things you are working on with this drawing so far?
How about COMPOSITIONS? Looking for ideas? Let’s Look HERE!