“Failing isn’t bad when you learn what not to do.” — Albert Einstein
Studio Art 360 – BAS RELIEF SCULPTURE! Lincoln Monument Bas Relief.
- 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- What challenges did you have in getting started last week on Friday with the clay? REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ARTWORK: Subtractive, Additive, and Manipulation to the clay. These techniques are REQUIRED in the FINAL Sculpture.
What was the largest success you have in today’s work? Take a look at the rest of the classes work BEFORE we clean up. PAUSE 10 minutes before the end of class.
Painting – Oil Painting! You Are OFF! GO PAINT!
NEW PAINTINGS by the WUHS Painting Class – HERE!
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- What specifically do you dislike or like about the use of the material that oil paint is? Please explain your thoughts. It is important to reflect on the work you are doing and the lessons that the new materials teach you.
What advances are you making in your painting today? Step back and have a 3 minute CONVERSATION with a classmate (or two). Allow some REAL TIME to have a REAL CONVERSATION here. Listen to one another.
AP Studio Art – CRIT TIME!
Tonight at MIDNIGHT CHAPTER 6 is due in Art and Fear Blog. Who’s NOT READING?
- 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- Yesterday’s lack of critique went… As I write this… I do not know… How did yesterday’s class time go? What do YOU take away from the critique? I know some take things away, but what do you?
G: What have you got lined up for your next 3 CONCENTRATION Works? Write out a brief explanation of the work you feel you have lined up. What are your ideas?