“There is an immeasurable distance between late and too late.”
—Og Mandino (Paul Mark Sutherland http://goalhabits.com/2013/10/12/goal-achievement-quote-oct-12-2013/)
Studio Art 360 – Color Theory – Let’s Look at the COLOR WHEEL and PAINT!
- 3.1P: Apply relevant criteria from traditional and contemporary cultural contexts to examine, reflect on, and plan revisions for works of art and design in progress.
- Why is it important for an artist to choose colors CAREFULLY as they are developing a composition / artwork? What might the RIGHT colors do in an impage versus the “wrong” colors?
Review with neighbors the relationships of the colors on the color wheel? When you look in your closet… what COLORS do you think you have the most of hanging? Why do you think that you have more of that color than others? Assignment – FOR FRIDAY REPEAT THE ASSIGNMENT from above… Something that is of interest to you.
REMEMBER! ASSIGNMENT FOR FRIDAY – Bring in a COUPLE of COLOR ADVERTISEMENT that demonstrates a specific use of COLOR SCHEMES and is of a PRODUCT that YOU FIND IMPORTANT IN YOUR LIFE! Like THIS or THIS
Painting – Color Schemes and the RESOLUTION of the ABSTRACT Compostion
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- What are the relationships you are seeing in the beginnings of the space you are creating? How do you see the use of color as an important part of the conceptual / idea process?
Looking at the space you have created, how do you describe the FEELING / EMOTION you have begun to create? Strong sense of space? Easy to “read” ideas? Give EXAMPLES – at least two.
AP Studio Art – Level 6 Drawing – Are you UP TO IT?
- 4.2Ad: Critique, justify, and present choices in the process of analyzing, selecting, curating, and presenting artwork for a specific exhibit or event.
- As you hang up your work… consider three things are really successful about the work you have created. What is ONE thing you might change about YOUR work? What is ONE suggestion you will offer to your fellow AP Artists?
What is the body of work you feel you will be working on this year in AP Studio Art? Drawing / 2D Design? What about your Hands and Feet drawing can you speak about that would explain the relationship that you see in that type of portfolio?