“The question for each man is not what he would do if he had the means, time, influence and educational advantages, but what he will do with the things he has.” — Frank Hamilton
Studio Art 360 – FINISH THE DRAWINGS – Mount them to Mats – Exhibit your work!
- G: 4.1P: Analyze, select, and curate artifacts and/or artworks for presentation and preservation.
- How do you feel about MATTING and PRESENTING your work? What sort of FINISH will putting a WHITE MATT around it do for your work? Give two ideas and explanations.
Why does the presentation of your final works make you PROUD or NOT PROUD? Please give a solid three sentence explanation to your answer.
Painting – Hallways – Wow – One More Day?
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- What EXPERIMENTS are you using as you make marks in the hallways? Are you finding NEW SKILLS you didn’t think you had? Explain the STRENGTH (in art terms) of your initial ROUGH drawing and Thumbnails.
What about today’s drawing makes for a successful drawing? Three reasons please.
AP Studio Art – LECTURE TIME – Art and Fear – Sit and Chat about the challenges ahead of you.
- 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- Looking at the hands and feet drawings – what can you do now – 3 things – to EMPHASIZE the FOCAL POINT through your use of CONTRAST?
Looking at the rubric from the AP Site – are you hitting the level 6 marks? What do you do SPECIFICALLY to match one of them (or not match one of them).