Click on the image above to follow a STRONG conversation with Teachers, Administrators, and Students about the direction, concerns, solutions, challenges that face everyone in the world of education! Join us on Wednesday nights on Twitter at 8:00CST using the hashtag – #WHSoc20
“Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.” Brian Tracy
Studio Art 360 – Paper Mache – Finish your FORMS in cardboard!
- 3.1P: Apply relevant criteria from traditional and contemporary cultural contexts to examine, reflect on, and plan revisions for works of art and design in progress.
- What changes can you make to the forms as you add the paper mache to them? How will this add or take away from the sculptural form? N: Paper mache project today
What do you need to do to WRAP UP THE BUILDING part of this work?
AP Studio Art: 1 week Magazine Article Assignment, Plants and Flowers
- 1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- Using the PLANT and the image by Jim Dine that I have shown you, what ideas FIRST COME TO YOUR MIND when told you are going to be working on a PLANT BASED drawing? Write out your FIRST THOUGHTS.
What are your first marks on the paper? What are the areas that you are focusing on in the composition? How did you approach this work? (1, 3, 5). Jim Dine – Plants and Trees: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/- AND THEN: Bring up an image from the Alan Cristea Gallery: http://www.alancristea.com/collection-41-109-Plants-Andamp%3B-Trees
Painting: Collage, Critique, Sketch, Research… Sounds like last Friday!
- As you are working, what are you seeing as an area that you might need to really focus on as you continue.
- 6.1Ac: Make, explain, and justify connections between artists or artwork and social, cultural, and political history.
How are you relating the ideas of making art to making art about yourself? Do you find this to be easy or difficult – WHY?
REMEMBER! Create a ONE PAGE PAPER (double spaced, 11 or 12 point Times New Roman, Palatino – Serif-ed type font) that discusses the artists and their works. Use ideas about the work as to what drew you to the work, what styles did you like, what techniques do you appreciate? A small history of the artist and personal reflection. How will you use similar ideas in your work as they did in theirs? Here are the artists to research: Winslow Homer, Charles Demuth, Thomas Eakins, Edward Hopper, Dong Kingman, Reginald Marsh, Charles Sheeler, J.M.W. Turner, Thomas Moran, Georgia O’Keefe, James Whistler, or Andrew Wyeth. PAPER IS DUE ON Friday, September 19, 2014.