“Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure you do things differently from everyone else.” Sara Blakely (inventor of SPANX and youngest Self Made Female BILLIONAIRE – 10 Lessons I Learned from Sarah Blakely – Forbes Magazine)
Art Foundations 2D: Oil Pastel Drawing of Positive Negative Space… Perspective – REVIEW!
- 1.4 create, and solve 2 Point Perspective drawing by breaking the images down to the basic steps and following the rules
- RESOLVE the visual challenges of your Oil Pastel Drawing!
Review with neighbors the RULES of THUMB and discuss the Differences in one and two point perspective. ALSO – What did you learn from the use of the OIL PASTELS that you can put into use in the future drawings we are going to embark on?
Drawing: What is your music? How’s your experiment?
Per artist Mary’s request, her image of a gorgeous sunset has been removed. Too bad, it was a wonderful example to our young people as to what can be accomplished with time, effort, skill,and dedication.
- 1.1 apply Oil Pastels in a variety of techniques, and processes with 1.1.1 skill and 1.1.3 and awareness so that your ideas are executed well. Using your understanding of Kandinsky’s Color Theory…
- 2.6 create multiple solutions to visual challenges that show understanding in relationships between composition and meaning of artwork
What did you find interesting about YOUR images and what did you find interesting about your neighbors? What are the BIGGEST THINGS you have taken away from the process we have been working on? What advice / thoughts would you offer others?
AP Studio Art: What’s up for the weekend?
- Decision Making – use critical thinking skills to plan manage projects, solve problems, and make informed decisions using appropriate (digital) tools and resources.
What are the problems that you had this week with creating and / or editing your images? Are you doing this on your own with a sense of ease? Do we need more days in the lab? What do you have to do over the weekend?