What is Art? Anges Martin “Art is the concrete representation of our most subtle feelings.” Art In America (p.124, 1996)
Art Foundations: Pattern Painting
- 3.5 evaluate and defend how (3.5.2) symbols (your choice in pattern) are used in art
- Use SKILL and AWARENESS in the process to create SUCCESSFUL works of ART.
After you have worked on this pattern, do you thinking that it describes you? What about it does the best job in describing you? What might you change?
Drawing: CRITIQUE! Be an ACTIVE PARTICIPANT!
- (2.1.4) form criticism about Still Life that works to demonstrate one’s understanding of value, composition, observation.
What do you feel was the MAJOR aspect of the crit. that YOU NEED TO WORK ON? What do you see as the benefit of the Crit. What do you see as a downfall / challenge? What NEW did you add to your understanding of your work? What about what you have added to your classmates ideas?
AP Studio Art: Nature
- 5.4 reflect on interpretations as a means for understanding and evaluating art
- 5.5 evaluate responses to works of art for communicating 5.5.1 rationale 5.5.2 ideas
What bit of advice did you get from your classmates that you will be able to put to use? What bit of advice did you give that might be used elsewhere? What are your goals for the next work(s) that will show your development?