“If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”― Martin Luther King Jr.
Art Foundations: Goals / What is Art? / Book
- (1.4) create, define, and solve visual challenges using (1.4.1) analysis (breaking up the artwork / subject matter to basic elements – LINE)
- (3.3) describe the creation of images and ideas and understand the ideas of communication.
What sort of MESSAGE do you think he was trying to communicate? What sort of messages might YOU try to communicate with art? How can you use these skills outside of an art class?
Drawing: Compositions / Observation on the still life.
- Apply drawing media with awareness so that your ideas are executed well.
- (2.6) Work on creating multiple solutions to Chiaroscuro and Observation (Shape and Form)
How did using sighting in help you with the initial drawing process? How is being AWARE of the process helpful in SEEING the objects more clearly?
AP Studio Art: Last 2 Concentrations / Photograph “Sailors and Whales” and 1 Paragraph
- Work on (1.2) creating concentration works that demonstrate how your ideas relate to the materials and techniques that you use. (P)
- What is the rationale – the reason – the meaning behind your work (Of Sailors and Whales) – Typed up and SHARED in Google Drive TODAY!
What bit of advice did you get from your classmates that you will be able to put to use? What bit of advice did you give that might be used elsewhere?