There is a fine line between hard work, skill, and ‘talent’ Make sure the time you are using is dedicated toward the improvement of your skill and not sitting on your “talents” waiting for them to take you somewhere.
Art Foundations – Chapter 4: Lesson 2 (wrap up lesson 1), Continuous Line Contour Drawings – Blind Continuous Line Drawings
- 5.1 identify the rationale behind making art
What did you take away from the various types and qualities of line and how can you use them in your artwork? What was the most challenging aspect to today’s in class exercises? What was fun? What was NOT fun?
Drawing – Grids and Math. Use MATH to grid off a large sheet of drawing paper. Use pencil to create the grid. Make photographs of the entire figure or portrait. Discuss the use of the grid in art history (Renaissance to NOW).
- (3.2) Apply subjects and ideas in art and use skill to solve visual challenge.
- (1.4) Create and solve visual challenges using analysis (break the photograph down) and synthesize (put it back together)
What is difficult about the process? Make sure your neighbor is correct in the ratio and the measurements. Were you able to properly use the ruler with the math? Inches? Centimeters? How did you GRID the paper off?
AP Studio Art – Time to work VERY dedicated and THINK about the use of our time as we have been working. Are you using it wisely?
- Work on (1.2) concentration works that demonstrate how your ideas relate to the materials and techniques that you use. (P)
- (1.1) Apply media, technique, and process with skill and confidence (P).
Where are you flying forward? Where are you stuck? Why do you have ideas on THURSDAY and not a concentration solidly begun? Did your collage really take as long as it has? Share with your neighbor the plans and advancements for this and the next piece.
One Reply to “January 31, 2013 – Thursday”
The hand is awesome!