“Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.” Brian Tracy
- 1B: 7:50 – 9:05
- 2B: 9:10 – 10:25
- 3B: 10:30 – 12:20
- 5B: 12:25 – 1:40
- NO HOMEROOM TODAY!
Art Foundations: SOCIAL COMMENTARY Sculpture!
- G: 7.1P: Hypothesize ways in which art influences perception and understanding of human experiences.
- A: What are three techniques that are REQUIRED in the process? What textures are you going to have to interpret into your sculpture from your collage?
- G: What techniques are REALLY important to be using to make sure any ADDITIVE clay really HOLD TIGHT to the clay you are adding it to?
Intro to painting: Last Day to Practice TECHNIQUES with acrylics and abstractions. Have you resolved your planning on the STILL LIFE Sketches.
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- A: What are you planning on doing as this is the last day to work in the studio – the last FULL DAY that is. We HAVE to Critique and self assess next time.
- G: Our last day of painting is done… What are your results and what do you need to do to take for the next two nights to a get a successful final portrait done? Remember – Food and Drink! ALSO – TAKE YOUR CANVAS BOARDS HOME and get the drawings up on the canvas. Hit it with VINE CHARCOAL or CONTE Crayon before hand so that you have a black line to work with and experience.
advanced painting: Let’s Start painting!
- 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- A: What techniques in oils are you enjoying? How do you see them as similar or different than acrylics? Remember that we are focusing on techniques – yes the final product is important, but the TECHNIQUES are what we are really looking at perfecting.
- G: What did you learn about the process of building a canvas in the larger scale of the work? This is YOUR SKILL for LIFE now!
Introduction to drawing and printmaking: Your time to DRAW an OBJECT!
- G: 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- Struggles in TEXTURE? What walls did you hit? Where did you succeed? How did your FRUIT drawings turn out?
- What objects did you choose for your OBJECT drawing from today? What are you going to do NEXT TIME to work on that and make it demonstrate your MASTERY of the drawing techniques?
Intro to Digital Art and Photography: Logo Work – Let’s Grade the Ideas.
Paul Rand’s Works – 14 Designers Portfolio’s
- G: 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- A:What is individual about your logo that others will be able to look at and EASILY identify that as a logo for someone extraordinary – you?
- G: How do you feel about the final design of your image? What is successful? What would you do differently? Will it fit on the side of a pen? Will it fit on the side of a blimp? Is it SCALABLE?