“The public is more familiar with bad design than good design. It is, in effect, conditioned to prefer bad design, because that is what it lives with. The new becomes threatening, the old reassuring.” Paul Rand
Art Foundations: Day of Painting
- G: 1.1P: Use multiple approaches to begin creative endeavors.
- How are you seeing the LAYERS of the process help you to create a successful and satisfying composition? Looking at the painting (or blank ground) what are 3 things that you are going to be working on today to be FOCUSED!
- Alright… do you need to come in and wrap it up? So how are you going to do that? What to do?
COLOR THEORY PAINTING / STAINED GLASS ASSIGNMENT HERE!
Introduction to Painting: Day of Painting (as well)
- G: 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- A: What is your GOAL for today? What did you accomplish last time and what are you planning on doing today to get yourself moving forward? You have access to ALL the colors we have in our drawers of colors – keep in mind that it would be good to set up a neat color palette and utilize a solid color scheme. Are you utilizing the techniques that we have learned in the early painting of the apple and the abstraction? WRITE DOWN 3 TECHNIQUES that you are going to use in your REPRESENTATIONAL Painting… handbook (week 16) or sketchbook.
- G: What did you do this week to get things set for a successful abstract painting? We are doing a MID CRIT in 2 class periods so make sure you are working in and out of studio time.
Intro to Digital Art and Photography: Advertising Billboards and Magazine Layouts
- G: 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- A: What products are you planning on working out an ADVERTISEMENT for? The ASSIGNMENT has been given and you are going to become PREPARED to WORK at home from this point forward. Have you begun to think about setting up your photography session outside of class… lighting, multiple images made of the product… you are ready with your thumbnails of the magazine ad or billboard… it is now time to work in the studio to edit images and lay them out in Adobe In Design. Are you using Illustrator for something? YES… something – whatever illustration you need to create. WRITE OUT 3 THINGS that you are going to do today INSIDE of class and what 3 THINGS you are going to do OUTSIDE of class.
- G: What have you accomplished and what do you need to accomplish? This is DUE at the end of the class at the end of next week.