“The public is more familiar with bad design than good design. It is, in effect, conditioned to prefer bad design, because that is what it lives with. The new becomes threatening, the old reassuring.” Paul Rand
Art Foundations: Day of Painting
COLOR THEORY PAINTING / STAINED GLASS ASSIGNMENT HERE!
- G: 1.1P: Use multiple approaches to begin creative endeavors.
- A: This is the last day to paint… Step back and look carefully at TWO THINGS: 1) Balance: Does the work have a sense of it? 2) Space: Is there a feeling of the space that pushed back or pulls forward in the space? How are you seeing the LAYERS of the process help you to create a successful and satisfying composition?
- Alright… do you need to come in and wrap it up? So how are you going to do that? What to do? Critique and GLAZE next time!
Introduction to Painting: Day of Painting (as well)
- G: 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- A: Talk to your neighbor about the idea that you have and talk about the CONCEPT that you are trying to communicate with your work? What is the MESSAGE? What is the MEANING? Use the RUBRIC that you have (or will get) and in the CONTENT section write out your thoughts. Make WISE USE of your ENRICHMENT TIME. On the sticky notes… what are your plans over break to get the most work done that you can?
- G: Looking at the day you had today… what did you accomplish? What fell short? Remember that we have VERY LITTLE TIME ON THE GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS in studio to work. Will you be ready? What are you going to be doing outside of class to get the work done? The painting created?
Intro to Digital Art and Photography: Advertising Billboards and Magazine Layouts
- G: 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- A: Take a look at the imagery you have begun to gather and sketch out… PAIR / SHARE with your neighbor. Explain the ideas / concepts of the work you are dealing with. What is the message you are trying to explain?
- G: What have you accomplished and what do you need to accomplish? This is DUE at the end of the class at the end of when we get back. You have ONE MORE ASSIGNMENT after this that is ENTIRELY ON YOUR OWN! Get thinking!