WAEA Flag Contest Form – Get your Designs to Mr. Korb by December 31!
Art Foundations: Collage Social Commentary and then Ceramics from the collage idea.
- G: 1.1P: Use multiple approaches to begin creative endeavors.
- A: Looking at the ROMARE BEARDEN collage on the screen, what do you think this work is about? WHY? Please work with your neighbor on answering the questions on the planning handout about social topics. This will be the basis for the final ceramics project as well as a completed design for the collage. Collage can be a way to develop ideas for additional works as well as making sketches and photographs. Collage is DIFFICULT.
- G: Explain why creating art that is CLEARLY NARRATIVE / Tells a story / explains something that is of importance to you is challenging? Explain 2 major points…
Introduction to Painting: Abstraction and Canvas Building
- G: 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- A: Looking at the idea of constructing canvases, what scale, size, position, plans are you going to work at in your abstract work? Hard to think about at this point I suppose. NEXT WEEK you will have your RESEARCH DONE and the IDEAS for your ABSTRACT WORK READY TO ROLL so we can build the canvas. This takes TIME and you will be tested before you can build. BE prepared to WATCH in a little bit. Abstraction Handout and LINKS to Contemporary Artists.
- G: We looked at the process of the canvas building – think about the scale that you are going to be using. What scale, position, proportion, inspiration are you going to be thinking about in regards to the portrait? The PRELIMINARY DRAWINGS and PLANNING must get done so that you are ready to build next time and painting over BREAK. Consider the idea of coming in during enrichment to build.
Intro to Digital Art and Photography: Last days to work on the Letterhead and the like!
- G: Develop Craft: Learning to use tools, materials, artistic conventions; and learning to care for tools, materials, and space.
- G: 3.1Ac: Engage in constructive critique with peers, then reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art and design in response to personal artistic vision.
- A: Looking at the designs that you have begun – step back and SEE what you have done, what is working? What are you struggling with? List two struggles and One success. We are doing a MID CRITIQUE in 45 minutes. This work is DUE (logos will also be graded at the same time) at the END of the next meeting.
- G: What are 3 things that you see about your work that is in need of redesign or reconsideration? I hope that you have listened to the class / me about the successes and missed opportunities in your work.