WAEA Flag Contest Form – Get your Designs to Mr. Korb by December 31!
Art Foundations: Collage Social Commentary and then Ceramics from the collage idea.
- G: 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- A: What are the textures you are hoping to work into your collage (remember that this will be translated into a SCULPTURE)? What types of SOCIAL COMMENTARY are you able to talk about with this work?
- G: How is the collage coming along? What is ONE VERY SUCCESSFUL aspect to the work SO FAR? What is one area you are having a CHALLENGE with?
Introduction to Painting: Abstraction and Canvas Building
MoMA In the Studio Series on YouTube – Great to see how various abstractions are made. HERE
- G: 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- A: What is your GOAL for today? Research is going to happen while I test each of you at the saw and AFTER you have all taken the SAFETY TEST. You MUST earn a 100% on the safety test to work the saw, so I hope you paid attention to the process and took notes. While I am testing the class you are RESEARCHING and SKETCHING and PREPARING YOUR WORKS!
- G: What did you do this week to get things set for a successful abstraction based on your own thoughts and research? Make sure you are 100% ready to roll on MONDAY with your ideas as we are doing a 1 to 1 conversation about your plans and your work. This is a lot of prep time…
- HOW CAN YOU START AN ABSTRACTION?
- Observation and then change it up! DEMO
- Straight from the ideas of MARK MAKING! DEMO
- VARIOUS TECHNIQUES WE HAVE YET TO DEAL WITH: Grattage, Frottage, Decalcomania!
- Geometry and COLOR SCHEMES!
- SO MUCH TO THINK ABOUT!
Intro to Digital Art and Photography: Last days to work on the Letterhead and the like!
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- A: This is the final day of working on this corporate id. I will be walking you through the END OF THE DAY ASSEMBLAGE by sharing with you a TEMPLATE for you to PLACE YOUR DOCUMENTS INTO. This will be through GOOGLE CLASSROOM and will require you to be paying attention. Use the next 50 minutes WISELY! I’m setting a timer and we are going to stick to it. We will be working in LAYERS and keeping EVERYTHING very organized so that I can see and explore the designs. https://www.online-stopwatch.com/
- G: WHY (in sentence form and a sticky note in order to leave the room) are you PLEASED with your design OR STILL STRUGGLING with the imagery and assemblage of the work?