“Creativity is a Habit, and the Best Creativity is the Result of Good Work Habits.” Twyla Tharp
Art Foundations: Final Still Life Drawing
- G: 2.1P: Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- A: How DO you draw something in 3 dimensions? What are different techniques you know? What did you do successfully yesterday that you can continue with today? What is it you need to erase, change, resolve to make the drawing today even more successful.
- G: What is one thing you are putting into your drawing of the 3D Forms that might be related to the ELEMENTS and PRINCIPLES as the building blocks of Art – things you really need to be aware of AS you are making art.
Fill the page and set up the COMPOSITION before ANYTHING ELSE!
- Sighting In – use your arm and the pencil as measuring devices.
- Shhhhh… “We were all focused and not talking. We worked better when we are focused on it.” – One of YOU said this.
- No Finger blending.
- 80% of time is on the looking at the object in front of you and 20% of the time is on the looking at the drawing and drawing
Painting: Book Binding CONTINUES!
- 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- How do you see yourself being able to use these kinds of skills, construction of an object like a book, in the future? X-Acto Knife, Drawing / Painting from Observation, Stiching… This is more than a one project lesson.
- G: What are the challenges you had in the making of this book? Difficulties? Step by Step stuff? And hey… how do you feel about the final work? Let’s sit and write a reflection in pencil inside the book.
Book Binding Instruction Packet HERE.
Intro to Digital Art and Photography: Work Day and DEMO on beginning!
- G: 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- A: What do you need to do in order to make this logo design work in 3 ways? Letters Only, Words Only, an the COMBINATION MARK (and also the SYMBOL / ICON – 4 ways I guess. What will you do to be ready to combine it with a partner in the process?
- G: What are you HAPPIEST with regarding your designs? What is it about them that you see as working SPECIFICALLY with the PAUL RAND ideas from last time?
AND Another Good Reference Site for looking at! – LogoDesignLove.com