Art Foundations: THUMBNAILS and then DRAWINGS
- G: 2.1P: Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- A: How DO you draw something in 3 dimensions? What are different techniques you know? What did you do successfully yesterday that you can continue with today? What is it you need to erase, change, resolve to make the drawing today even more successful? Know that we are going to be critiquing our metals work next time, so… you have a few things to work on today… 1) the metals work if you are not one, and 2) the remaining parts of the value scales – those are due next time also.
- G: What is one thing you are putting into your drawing of the 3D Forms that might be related to the ELEMENTS and PRINCIPLES as the building blocks of Art – things you really need to be aware of AS you are making art. Are you coming in during enrichment period to work on anything? YES is the answer if you need to make the deadline for next time.
Painting: Book Binding CONTINUES!
- G: Develop Craft: Learning to use tools, materials, artistic conventions; and learning to care for tools, materials, and space.
- A: What kinds of challenges have you had in the making of art on the scale, speed, effort that you have in this experience?
- G: We’ve got a lot of artwork made this week… what kinds of thoughts have you had about the skills developed, learned, pushed, challenged?
Book Binding Instruction Packet HERE.
Intro to Digital Art and Photography: One – on – One Conversation FINAL meetings and finally… SCANNING!
- G: 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- A:Working on paper is different than working on the computer. Using a collection of FONTS that you have chosen you will find a wide variety of fonts that you enjoy and explore many different way of joining letters into positive and negative shapes (as well as adding a geometric or organic shape or two) in creating a Logo Design for yourself. This will take some time – be ready to SKETCH and EXPLORE ideas.
- G: What did you come up with today? Share these ideas with your neighbor and explain what you enjoy about the work you have created.
Four Design Principles by Paul Rand that MIGHT SURPRISE you!
AND Another Good Reference Site for looking at! – LogoDesignLove.com