“Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here. Make. Good. Art.” ~ Neil Gaiman
Art Foundations: Still Life Drawing
- G: 2.1P: Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- A: How did you start with your still life on the big paper? How are you learning to draw something in 3 dimensions? What are different techniques you know and practice? What did you do successfully last time that you can continue with today? What is it you need to erase, change, resolve to make the drawing today even more successful.
- G: What is one thing you are putting into your drawing of the 3D Forms that might be related to the ELEMENTS and PRINCIPLES as the building blocks of Art – things you really need to be aware of AS you are making art.
SCHOLASTIC ARTS – Still Life Magazine
Fill the page and set up the COMPOSITION before ANYTHING ELSE!
- Sighting In – use your arm and the pencil as measuring devices.
- Shhhhh… “We were all focused and not talking. We worked better when we are focused on it.” – One of YOU said this.
- No Finger blending.
- 80% of time is on the looking at the object in front of you and 20% of the time is on the looking at the drawing and drawing
Painting: Book Binding Rubric? Let’s wrap things up TODAY!
- G: 3.1Ac: Engage in constructive critique with peers, then reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art and design in response to personal artistic vision.
- A: What do you feel about talking aloud when it comes to other’s works? What are your thoughts about why you may be apprehensive or confident when discussing other individual’s work? TWO CRITIQUE all on ONE RUBRIC.
- G: What were 3 things that you took away from today’s personal step back and look critique?
Book Binding Instruction Packet HERE.
Intro to Digital Art and Photography: Work Day and DEMO in Adobe In-Design… Letterhead, Business Cards, and Envelopes.
- G: 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- A: What do you need to do in order to make this logo design work in 3 ways? Letters Only, Words Only, and the COMBINATION MARK (and also the SYMBOL / ICON – 4 ways I guess. What will you do to be ready to combine it with a partner in the process?
- G: What are you HAPPIEST with regarding your designs? What is it about them that you see as working SPECIFICALLY with the PAUL RAND ideas from last time?
Four Design Principles by Paul Rand that MIGHT SURPRISE you!
AND Another Good Reference Site for looking at! – LogoDesignLove.com