Chuck Close Quote: What difference does it make whether you’re looking at a photograph or looking at a still life in front of you? You still have to look.
START WITH THIS VIDEO
THEN PLAY THIS VIDEO… Digital Art can fast forward to about 4:20 seconds (or just let it play through…)
Art Foundations: Rubric and Drawing!
- G: 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- A: We have completed one solid metals work… ready to move forward? The ideas of the etching, jump rings, rivet… they are all a part of your toolboxes now. As you planned the ideas out for the AVANT GARDE metals work… what are they? Explain to your neighbor and let them explain to you the process, the design, and the ideas you have developed in the work. Write out, in your handbook or on a sticky note the feedback that you get from your partner. Are you ready to switch gears and DRAW? Great! But first – a rubric!
- G: What skills do you think you are going to need to work on in the ideas of OBSERVATION and DRAWING? Look Closely! It is all about the eyes!
Intro to Digital Art and Photography: Masterpiece in Illustrator – Insert into the Slide Show NEXT TIME!
- G: 5.1Ac: Evaluate, select, and apply methods or processes appropriate to display artwork in a specific place.
- A: Today we are going to continue to work to resolve another aspect of the Modernism Image. HOMEWORK in Google Drive? I hope that you have completed the assignment. What fonts to use? What fonts are you drawn to.
- G: What were your final thoughts about the self-assessment / rubric? What are 3 ways that you feel self assessment can help you grow as an artist?
Painting: Outside to PAINT Day 2
Book and Painting Assignment HERE
- G: 7.2Ac: Evaluate the effectiveness of an image or images to influence ideas, feelings, and behaviors of specific audiences.
- G: 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- A: What did you take away from the drawing experience last week? What strengths did you see in your drawing? What challenges did you face going outside of the studio?
- G: How are you going to create your own work in the future? How are you going to use the skills that you are obtaining in ALL that you do?