“The public is more familiar with bad design than good design. It is, in effect, conditioned to prefer bad design, because that is what it lives with. The new becomes threatening, the old reassuring.” Paul Rand
PLEASE START WITH THIS VIDEO FOR ALL CLASSES. THANKS ALL – MAKE SURE YOU WORK HARD! Mr. Korb
Art Foundations: One more day to paint in a NON-OBJECTIVE way. How is it going?
- G: 1.1P: Use multiple approaches to begin creative endeavors.
- Last day to paint… How are you seeing the LAYERS of the process help you to create a successful and satisfying composition?
- Alright… do you need to come in and wrap it up? So how are you going to do that? What to do?
The Tate: Abstraction Link HERE
Intro to Painting: Raining? Let’s make the covers and prep for the next day outside!
- G: Develop Craft: Learning to use tools, materials, artistic conventions; and learning to care for tools, materials, and space.
- A: What kinds of challenges have you had in the making of art on the scale, speed, effort that you have in this experience?
- G: We’ve got a lot of artwork made this week… what kinds of thoughts have you had about the skills developed, learned, pushed, challenged?
- SIDE NOTE – But let’s look at this: Looking at Edward Hopper and the ideas of the architecture in the area – how are you able to (without a ruler) use the ideas of the buildings and space around it to create successful images? Watercolors. 1 – 2 (maybe 3) paintings.
Advanced Painting: Encaustics and POP ART!
- : Develop Craft: Learning to use tools, materials, artistic conventions; and learning to care for tools, materials, and space.
- A: Ready to Paint? Let’s review the process and set up and then get to it! Heat, Wax, Oils, Mix and GO! Do NOT get burned in the process.
- G: What were you able to accomplish today? The painting is FAST, but the process can be slow. Be aware of the scale and time. Tuesday’s and Thursday’s are the ONLY time to come in extra.
Intro to Digital Art: How IS your ILLUSTRATION coming along?
- G: 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- A: What did you think your ARTIST HABITS OF MIND was when we reflected last time. Remember that I am concerned about the idea of looking at the work from a distance – don’t get lose in the small details of the close up and think about the larger picture.
- G: Accomplishments? Are you on track to have the work done in 2 more full studio times? We are going to talk about the process of the critique next time – this is a skill that you are in need of. Some are stronger than others and we are all going to work on the process of talking about the work you are creating.
Advanced Digital Art: DUE ON TUESDAY! Love the extra day? I Hope So!
- 2.3Ac: Redesign an object, system, place, or design in response to contemporary issues.
- LAst day to work on this – a pair of REALLY FAST designs. How have you utilized the Artist Habits of Mind to make this work get done in a timely fashion?
- Do you need to come in and work outside of studio time? Make sure you are being responsible!