Ralph Waldo Emerson. “Every artist was first an amateur”
- Art Foundations
- Intro to Painting
- Advanced Painting
- Intro to Digital Arts
- Advanced Digital Arts
Art Foundations: COLOR Schemes! Watercolor and Colored Pencil.
- G: 1.1P: Use multiple approaches to begin creative endeavors.
- A: As we think about COLOR… What are the PRIMARY COLORS? What are the SECONDARY COLORS? What are the TERTIARY COLORS? Do you know anything about COLOR SCHEMES? Write out all the COLOR SCHEMES that you can think of (we have spoken about some of them already – all of them that we are talking about actually).
- G: What did you accomplish in regards to the color scheme worksheet and what have you accomplished with the idea of an abstract or landscape inspired color wheel? How well to you understand the ideas of the color wheel and the relationships of the colors with one another – the color wheel is the first page of our final exam by the way.
Intro to Painting: MidCrit on Today and then BACK TO PAINTING
- G: 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- A: This is it. What are 3 things that you need to do in order to be finished with your paintings in the next few days? What is the due Date? Let’s MID CRIT – Group Up!
- G: Looking at the day you had today… what did you accomplish? What fell short? What are you going to be doing outside of class to get the work done?
Advanced Painting: The FIGURE – What did LAST Period’s Mid-Crit do for you?
- G: 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- A: We are at the beginning of the week – Let’s put our work up in the front of the ENTIRE class and just take a step back from it to see it as a whole. From a distance – talk aloud (one at a time) about the work you are seeing (your work) – One positive – One Critical.
- G: Next time we CRITIQUE – Are you going to be ready? That is 3 days!
Intro to Digital Art: Dog Gone It let’s Self Assess Already…
- Past Literature Images – 2019 Fall
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- A:DAY 1: What Book / Story / Song have you brought in and thought about to use as your inspiration for this ILLUSTRATION in Photoshop? As you have read, listened to the “literature”, what have you pulled from the “story?” Is it a phrase, an idea and feeling from the ENTIRETY of the story? IS it a character? Is it something entirely different? This is going to be your PERSONAL ILLUSTRATION about the work of literature.
- G: Looking over the THUMBNAILS and SKETCHES you CAME IN WITH… What have you accomplished today in the process of ILLUSTRATING the work of “LITERATURE.” How are you making strong artistic choices (look at the Artist Habits of Mind to make a reflection on here).
<h2 Advanced Digital Art: DONE with the Pages – Let’s PACKAGE them and MOVE ON!