Advanced Art Classes FIELD TRIP TO MAM – HERE is the photo album I created – please add to it, download the photos you like. ENJOY!
#51: Learn the basic principles of color.
Art Foundations: Let’s Talk CLAY and USE OF CLAY
- G: 7.1P: Hypothesize ways in which art influences perception and understanding of human experiences.
- A: What are three textures / techniques you are going to have to interpret into your sculpture from your research?
- G: What techniques are REALLY important to be using to make sure any ADDITIVE clay really HOLD TIGHT to the clay you are adding it to?
Intro to Painting: Let’s talk about Portraits
- G: 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- A: Welcome back from the long weekend! Short weekend if you think about the break we had prior. What did you get done? What are you planning on doing? This is the last day to work in the studio – the last FULL DAY that is. We HAVE to CLEAN the studio next time – your shelves at the very least and the spaces that we occupied. Thanks ahead of time for the hard work and making my time here a
- G: day 2 of painting is done… What are your results and what do you need to do to take this home over the weekend to get a good set of work done for the remaining days in the studio?
Advanced Painting: The FIGURE
- G: 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- 10.1Ac: Utilize inquiry methods of observation, research, and experimentation to explore unfamiliar subjects through art-making.
- A: What is your plan of attack today? What are 3 things, approaches, techniques that you are hoping to get into with your work?
- G: Did you accomplish the ideas of the work you were hoping for? What held you back? Remember that we have only 5 more painting sessions with this work – that is REALLY a lot of time – NEXT block we are going to MID CRIT!
Intro to Digital Art: Portraits – CONTINUED
- G: 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- A: Last day to work on the self-portraits. We begin last time with a mid critique. In the HANDBOOKS (or sticky notes) what were three things that you took away from the mid crit that you INSTANTLY put to use in the continuation of the process? This is an illustration that you are creating – the final portrait will not belong in the final image. At the end of the period – we will submit through Google Classroom and then do a self – assessment. Think about the tools that you were able to learn and use that were NEW to you and that were SIMILAR from Adobe Illustrator.
- G: Continue to resolve your with the self – portrait from last time in Adobe Photoshop. This is the SECOND to LAST DAY! HOMEWORK…
- When you come in in 2 class periods you need to have 5 thumbnails AND the work of “Literature” with you. If you DO NOT HAVE SOMETHING WITH YOU, I will supply you with a work from your English Class (which is fine if you’d like by the way, you are reading it in class). BRING pencils and your sketchbook along with the ideas that you have come up with. What are some of the aspects of the story that you really enjoyed? How are you planning the ideas for the illustration? This will not be a just “wing it” process. WORK OF ART – TV Show – Season 1 – Episode 3 – Judge a Book by it’s Cover
Advanced Digital Art: Adobe In Design DAY 2
- G: 6.1Ac: Make, explain, and justify connections between artists or artwork and social, cultural, and political history.
- 8.1Ac: Identify types of contextual information useful in the process of constructing interpretations of an artwork or collection of works.
- A:What are three things that you are doing that you are struggling with? What is one that you are succeeding with?
- G: What did you get accomplished today? Write out the next few things that you are hoping to get done…