HERE is the photo album I created – please add to it, download the photos you like. ENJOY!
Art Foundations: Let’s CONTINUE to talk CLAY and USE OF CLAY – REFINE and POLISH the work!
- G: 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- A: What do you see in your ideas that you feel will be challenging with clay?
- G: Here are the ideas for Final Product in the next assignment – you will have to use the same technique but with multiple solutions to the challenges – BRIGHT COLORS and GLAZES – Multiple Ideas – Clay Cup / Mug (Pinch Pot, Coils?) Post Modern – Neo-Pop Keith Haring and other 3D Works – Bright Colors etc… Of the different ideas of faces and mugs we looked at last week – what do you think you might want to do before we begin to research? Animal, Person? One Eye, One Nose, One Mouth. Sketch it out on paper first. Slab Bas or High Relief sculpture based on your collage. A lot of options are available for you.
Intro to Painting: How are your Portraits coming? Time to PAINT!https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vQJnCis5UFESxLZxe6xMHtucrnm8sBSESuMxbhMfPT5Wk9muEk2qUg5Gl7APu-4kFOukMX28ed6c5Ff/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000&slide=id.g3606f1c2d_30
Advanced Painting: The FIGURE and how are you handling it? PAINT Furiously!
- G: 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- A: As we begin the process of making our figurative works – what stage are you currently at? Have you gotten the figure drawn? Have you begun the painting? Have you considered the techniques of adding paint to the canvas. We have two weeks on this work – PERIOD! Due to critique MAY 7.
- G: What accomplishments have you made in the beginnings of this work? What have you not accomplished. This is a WORK WORK WORK! Come in during your Tues, Thurs, Enrichment periods for extra time!
Intro to Digital Art: Portraits – CONTINUED… but only a couple more days…
- G: 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- A: Last day to work on the self-portraits. We begin last time with a mid critique. In the HANDBOOKS (or sticky notes) what were three things that you took away from the mid crit that you INSTANTLY put to use in the continuation of the process? This is an illustration that you are creating – the final portrait will not belong in the final image. At the end of the period – we will submit through Google Classroom and then do a self – assessment. Think about the tools that you were able to learn and use that were NEW to you and that were SIMILAR from Adobe Illustrator.
- G: Continue to finalize and resolve your with the self – portrait from last time in Adobe Photoshop. This is the SECOND to LAST DAY! HOMEWORK… When you come in in 2 class periods you need to have 5 thumbnails AND the work of “Literature” with you. If you DO NOT HAVE SOMETHING WITH YOU, I will supply you with a work from your English Class (which is fine if you’d like by the way, you are reading it in class). BRING pencils and your sketchbook along with the ideas that you have come up with. What are some of the aspects of the story that you really enjoyed? How are you planning the ideas for the illustration?
- This will not be a just “wing it” process. WORK OF ART – TV Show – Season 1 – Episode 3 – Judge a Book by it’s Cover
Advanced Digital Art: Adobe In Design DAY 3 – ALMOST DONE!
- G: 6.1Ac: Make, explain, and justify connections between artists or artwork and social, cultural, and political history.
- 8.1Ac: Identify types of contextual information useful in the process of constructing interpretations of an artwork or collection of works.
- Step back and look at the spread so far. What are the aspects of the layout that are working and where is the design falling short? TEAM UP with a classmate and critically examine the works you are completing. I will be reading over your articles today. COVERS? Have you begun to think of the cover?
- What did you accomplish today that is getting you set up for success? A few more days and then we move on…