What is ART for?
Art Foundations: Digital Images in Photoshop!
- G: 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using contemporary practice of art or design.
- A: Photoshop Time – What do you REMEMBER about the ADOBE PHOTOSHOP from the time we spoke? Share your personal experience with your classmates.
- G: What did you do with Photoshop today that you had never been able to do with in the past? NEXT WEEK we are going to be finalize and perfect the DIGITALLY ENHANCED final portraits of our classmates that you have brought in. We will be printing these in color so be ready to work HARD and FAST on Tuesday.
Intro to Digital Art: Let’s FINALLY hand in these compositions. Let’s Self Assess – Peer Assess too.
- G: Stimulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- A: What are the portraits that you have brought in (or saved up to your GOOGLE DRIVE?) One should be a SELFIE, one should be a friend of yours, one should be an adult that you know. You HAVE to be the one making the photograph. TODAY is an EXPERIMENT with Photoshop day
- What have you accomplished with the ideas in PHOTOSHOP that were similar to the ideas of the other Adobe Products?
Intro to Painting: Last day? No – We are CRITIQUING Today!
- 3.1Ac: Engage in constructive critique with peers, then reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art and design in response to personal artistic vision.
- A: Thinking about the work that you have completed over the past number of weeks or so, what are the struggles you had with the process? What were the successes that you had with the work? What are you most pleased / surprised / struggled) with? Take a few minutes – 5 – to talk with and make up a list with a friend / buddy / stranger to talk about the work and come up with 3 strong talking points – Process / Tools, Successes, Struggles. Then please come up with a question that you would like to ask another artist about their work. Next time we will be working PORTRAIT IDEAS and then also make some photographs – 1 hour of drawing and 30 minutes of Photography – Portraits.
Advanced Painting: 1 More day – then you have the weekend!
- G 1.1 Ad: Visualize and hypothesize to generate plans for ideas and directions for creating art and design that can affect social change.
- A: TODAY IS IT – THE LAST DAY TO WORK. 1.5 more hours of WORK TIME. Look at your painting for 3 minutes, step back away from it – LOOK AT IT and then turn it over and look at it. What are you going to ACCOMPLISH? Please make sure that you are FULLY engaged and working to the highest level you can. What are the LARGEST SUCCESSES that you find yourself working to get over with this painting?
- G: What have you accomplished today? Are you planning on coming in to work outside of the normal studio time? CRITIQUE next time – BRING THE FOOD!
EDWARD HOPPER SKETCHBOOK at the TATE GALLERY
Advanced Digital Art: Photography and Series AND Surrealism AND Planning.
- G: 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- A: This is the LAST day in the studio for this work. What do you need to do in order to finish this for next time? CRITIQUE! Food! Drink! Let’s make some great gains in the production of the work!
- G: Do you need to make images over break? Do you need to plan things differently? What do you need to do in order to make this a STRONG and SUCCESSFUL work of art rather than just something that Fulfills an assignment?