“Perseverance is failing nineteen times and succeeding the twentieth.” — Julie Andrews
Art Foundations: Digital Images and the Portrait!
- G: 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- A: How many PHOTOGRAPHS do you make in a DAY? Think about that… What can we do with those images instead of taking up digital space? Communicate with others our ideas? Let’s learn a bit about PHOTOGRAPHS and then focus on the portrait!
- What ELEMENT of ART did you focus on with YOUR photograph?
Intro to Painting: Last days of the painting – Coming up soon!
- G: 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- A: Acrylic Painting Techniques. DAY 7. What struggles / success have you have with the materials in the of Acrylics? Please be specific in the writing of your thoughts. (HANDBOOK PLEASE). Today we are going to look at Milwaukee born Abstract Artist Jason Rohlf
- We are working the paintings for TECHNIQUES. LEARN THE TECHNIQUES here artists.
- OK – next: Take your canvas and in LARGE LETTERS – Carefully trace the LARGE BLOCK Letters that we have created from CAREFULLY CUT Squares of paper… we used out name here. Now… Cut the canvas using an x-Acto Knife into 7 or 9 rectangular shapes. We will attach these pieces to masonite and then use the outlines and edges to create a new abstract painting using ALL of the techniques we have learned. Today, Next time, and the weekend to WRAP UP ALL OF THE PAINTINGS.
- G: Well.. What have you accomplished in the processes of painting? We will work 1 more FULL SESSIONS to create 4+ total paintings (notice how we have always been working in series? Be prepared to identify the techniques and processes you went through in each.
Advanced Painting: Narrative Work? Do your images MEAN what you are hoping they do? Are you communicating.
- G 1.1 Ad: Visualize and hypothesize to generate plans for ideas and directions for creating art and design that can affect social change.
- A: What are your plans / goals for the day? This will either SIT for a week or you will take it home and work on it over the break. Choice is YOURS. 2 days of work when we get back – then we CRIT.
- G: What have you accomplished THIS day? Take some time and consider the advancements you have made. Do you need to take it home and invest time or are you good to take a step back? 2 days – 3 hours – that’s the remaining time to work. Not a lot of time.
Intro to Digital Art: Logos and Letterhead and Business Cards and Envelopes – Sizes and Scale – Let’s get into the DESIGN and WORK!
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- A: This is the final day of working on this corporate id. I will be walking you through the END OF THE DAY ASSEMBLAGE by sharing with you a TEMPLATE for you to PLACE YOUR DOCUMENTS INTO. This will be through GOOGLE CLASSROOM and will require you to be paying attention. Use the next 50 minutes WISELY! I’m setting a timer and we are going to stick to it. We will be working in LAYERS and keeping EVERYTHING very organized so that I can see and explore the designs. https://www.online-stopwatch.com/
- G: WHY (in sentence form and a sticky note in order to leave the room) are you PLEASED with your design OR STILL STRUGGLING with the imagery and assemblage of the work?
Advanced Digital Art: Photography and Series AND Surrealism AND Planning.
- G: 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- A: What is the story that you are telling in this work? Make sure that you are keeping the images strong and that you are making your own images. What is the next step? What tools are you using? What are you doing that is NEW to YOU?
- G: What were you able to accomplish today? Did you forget how to do some of the techniques while you took a break? This CAN be a VERY cool image – but you are going to have to REALLY work it out. ONE MORE STUDIO PERIOD and then we CRITIQUE!