“Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here. Make. Good. Art.” ~ Neil Gaiman
Art Foundations: PERSPECTIVE for REVIEW!
- G: 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- A: Look back at your THUMBNAIL drawings… Which type of composition do you feel you are going to use? What are TWO things that have changed about your composition from the THUMBNAIL STAGE.What kind of memory do you have with PERSPECTIVE? Sit with your paper and draw out a 1 pt and 2 pt cube ABOVE, ON, and BELOW the Horizon Line. Let’s look them over.
- G: What did you learn? What SPECIFICALLY did you pick up from this process?
Intro to Painting: Acrylic Paintings STILL LIFE, Step Back and LOOK at the work you have accomplished SO FAR!
- G: 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- A: Acrylic Painting Techniques. Staining, Sgraffito/Wipe-Out/Tonking, Scumbling. Now we begin with acrylic paintings – DAY 5. We’re going to look at two more SETS of techniques today (and you will have to gather some ADDITIVE products to the group of materials that you will need.
- We are working the paintings for TECHNIQUES. LEARN THE TECHNIQUES here artists.
- G: Well.. What have you accomplished in the processes of painting? We will work 1 more FULL SESSIONS to create 4+ total paintings (notice how we have always been working in series? Be prepared to identify the techniques and processes you went through in each. What did you do well with as you used the various materials in the paintings today? (HANDBOOK).
Advanced Painting: Narrative Work – What’s your story?
- G 1.1 Ad: Visualize and hypothesize to generate plans for ideas and directions for creating art and design that can affect social change.
- A:Alright – What do you need to do? That’s it – get planned and working. Make 3 goals and shoot for them!
- G: One more time… Were you able to get your work accomplished for today? If YES, what was it that got the work done? If NO… WHY? Sometimes it doesn’t get done
EDWARD HOPPER SKETCHBOOK at the TATE GALLERY
Intro to Digital Art: Logos and Letterhead and Business Cards and Envelopes – Sizes and Scale – Let’s get into the DESIGN and WORK!
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- A: This is a day of working on this corporate id. I will be walking you through the END OF THE DAY ASSEMBLAGE by sharing with you sizes for you to PLACE YOUR DOCUMENTS INTO. This will be through GOOGLE CLASSROOM and will require you to be paying attention. Use the next 50 minutes WISELY! I’m setting a timer and we are going to stick to it. We will be working in LAYERS and keeping EVERYTHING very organized so that I can see and explore the designs. https://www.online-stopwatch.com/
- G: WHY (in sentence form and a sticky note in order to leave the room) are you PLEASED with your design OR STILL STRUGGLING with the imagery and assemblage of the work?
Advanced Digital Art: Photography and Series AND Surrealism AND Planning.
- G: 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- A: TODAY you are going to work to RESOLVE the image. What do you need to do in order to get this finished?
- G: Alright – DONE? Do you need to come in and wrap things up? There is a lot to get done today. Maybe…