“Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here. Make. Good. Art.” ~ Neil Gaiman
Art Foundations: SHOES!
- G: 2.1P: Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- A: What was the biggest challenge you found as you began to draw your objects yesterday?
- G: What are 2 difficulties that you had in beginning your drawing today? Remember – DRAWING IS A CHALLENGE – let it be!
Intro to Painting: Acrylic Paintings PREP and Planning
- G 1.1 Ad: Visualize and hypothesize to generate plans for ideas and directions for creating art and design that can affect social change.
- A: The creation of the canvas is essential. What is the process and how can we work together to get the canvases built together? The more time you spend building the canvas in class the less time you have to paint. This painting is our last assignment for the third quarter. Pace it out… What do you need to do today? Tomorrow? Etc…
- G: Were you able to get your work accomplished for today? If YES, what was it that got the work done? If NO… WHY? Sometimes it doesn’t get done.
Advanced Painting: CRITIQUE and FOOD!
- G: 4.2Ad: Critique, justify, and present choices in the process of analyzing, selecting, curating, and presenting artwork for a specific exhibit or event.
- A: What do you feel about talking aloud when it comes to other’s works? What are your thoughts about why you may be apprehensive or confident when discussing other individual’s work?
- G: What were 3 things that you took away from today’s critique?
Intro to Digital Art: InDesign TODAY – For Real!
- G: Develop Craft: Learning to use tools, materials, artistic conventions; and learning to care for tools, materials, and space.
- A: What did you learn last time about the tools in Adobe Illustrator to the look of the tools in Adobe In Design? List three things that you found are the same
- G: What are 3 things that you accomplished with your letterhead, business cards and /or envelopes that you see as unique, original, or tie into your logo design? Part of the process of design is to make your work stand out from the work of others.
Advanced Digital Art: Photography and Series.
- G: 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- A: As we develop up these images – what are you finding that you are REALLY focusing on? Is it the VALUE? Is it the FORM? Is it the COLOR? Why are you headed in that direction? What COMPOSITIONS do you find yourself drawn to?
- G: Largest Accomplishment in the 5 works so far? DUE NEXT TIME! Finished 5 Works! DUE end of class next time!