“Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here. Make. Good. Art.” ~ Neil Gaiman
CLASSES? Still looking to fill some space? There is a need for Advanced Painting Artists, Advanced Sculpture, and AP Art History! SIGN UP NOW! TELL YOUR FRIENDS! TELL YOUR ENEMIES – Let’s get these classes FILLED. If you DON’T DO IT NOW, you can’t do it later!
Art Foundations: Still Life of SHOES!
- G: 2.1P: Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- A: WE NEED SHOES for WEDNESDAY! Bring them in ASAP PLEASE! What technique have you learned when it comes to draw something in 3 dimensions? What are different techniques you know?
- G: What is ONE thing you are CERTAIN you did successfully with your drawing today? What is ONE THING you are CERTAIN you need to focus on in order to create a more realistic / successfully accurate observation drawith tomorrow
Intro to Painting: Acrylic Paintings PREP and Planning
- G: 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- A: Acrylic Painting Techniques. Now we begin with acrylic paintings. What objects have you brought in today for the still life. We are going to prep our canvas with a light coat of color to start with and then we will be working in the sketchbooks to create thumbnails for the final composition (we may do a few as we are going to study a number of techniques). Jude Rae is the artist we are going to explore for a while here. Let’s take a look at her works.
- G: What are your thoughts about the works you have sketched out today?
Advanced Painting: CRITIQUE! FOOD!
- G: 4.2Ad: Critique, justify, and present choices in the process of analyzing, selecting, curating, and presenting artwork for a specific exhibit or event.
- A: What do you feel about talking aloud when it comes to other’s works? What are your thoughts about why you may be apprehensive or confident when discussing other individual’s work?
- G: What were 3 things that you took away from today’s critique?
Intro to Digital Art: Logo and InDesign
- G: 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- A: What do you need to do in order to make this logo design work in 3 ways? Letters Only, Words Only, an the COMBINATION MARK (and also the SYMBOL / ICON – 4 ways I guess. What will you do to be ready to combine it with a partner in the process?
- G: What are you HAPPIEST with regarding your designs? What is it about them that you see as working SPECIFICALLY with the PAUL RAND ideas from last time?
Advanced Digital Art: Photography and Series.
- G: 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- A: What challenges are you having in developing AUTHENTIC photographs? Are you able to develop a SERIES of works that are OBVIOUSLY part of a single theme, single train of thought? Share your slideshow with your neighbor and have a conversation about all the images. Strongest? WHY? Least Strong? WHY?
- G: What new tools, ideas, themes have you developed with your images? We are going to work out 5 VERY strong images from the 20 that you have pulled together.